HARRISBURG SCHOOL BOARD MISSION STATEMENT:
It is the mission of the Board to openly work toward establishing policies, standards and budgets that ensure the district has ample tools and resources to build a community of life-long learners.
HARRISBURG SCHOOL BOARD GOALS:
1. Continue to improve student achievement by implementing effective instructional strategies and using a data driven K-12 program.
2. Provide multiple opportunities for all students to be involved in our schools, activities and the community to increase student academic growth and achievement.
3. Continue the implementation of the new Teacher and Principal Evaluation system to recognize and enhance growth, effectiveness and performance.
4. Recruit and retain highly effective staff by providing high quality professional growth opportunities.
5. Practice fiscal responsibility that limits liabilities and promotes growth and development of educational and co-curricular programs.
6. Provide facilities that enable, inspire and empower success, that are safe, secure and inviting, and that meet the diverse needs of all students, staff and the broader community, while fostering the importance of student success.